The program for Professional Development in Supply Chain and Logistics is offered through in-person instruction only. This allows students to fully engage with the material and benefit from hands-on learning opportunities. The program is designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of professionals in the supply chain and logistics industry and is tailored to meet the needs of those seeking to further their careers in this field. Through interactive instruction and practical exercises, students will gain valuable insights into key areas such as inventory management, transportation, and international trade. Upon completion, participants will be equipped with the tools and strategies necessary to succeed in the dynamic and fast-paced world of supply chain and logistics.
The objectives of this course are to provide the student with:
1. An understanding of the primary differences between logistics and supply chain management
2. An understanding of the individual processes of supply chain management and their
interrelationships within individual companies and across the supply chain
3. An understanding of the management components of supply chain management
4. An understanding of the tools and techniques useful in implementing supply chain management
5. Knowledge about the professional opportunities in supply chain management.
In fact, this program will expose students to the 4 elements of Integration, operations, purchasing, and distribution. those four elements of the supply chain work together to establish a path to competition that is both cost-effective and competitive.